Director- Roshan Kumar Thakur
Mr. Roshan Kumar Thakur has completed Master’s Degree in Zoology, specialized in Ecology and Environment. He has interest in Mammals. He has taken Fundamental of Ornithological Research 4-9th November , 2012 at BCC, Sauraha Chitwan (Organized by Sweden Agricultural University, SLU. He has taken part in 2 days Camera trapping and Tiger count techniques training, 2013 at BCC, Sauraha (NTNC). He also was a participant of 6th International Conference of Science and Technology held in September 25-27, 2012 organized by NAST (National Academy of Science and Technology). He did 1 month internship in Kenya under “SAVE THE ELEPHANTS” on human elephant co-existence program in guidance of Lucy E King; Elephants and Bees Project Leader, Save the Elephants, Kenya. Beside his training he has worked as
- Project Coordinator of the project entitled “Awareness on Mushroom Poisoning in Sindhuli district” granted by Youth Action Fund (YAF) from Change Fusion Nepal.
- Assistant Researcher in Darwin initiative Funded “Bengal Florican Survey in Bagmati river”, at East West Highway and adjoining area led by Hem Bahadur Katuwal.
- Higher Secondary Biology and Secondary level science teacher at Jan Jyoti Higher Secondary School and Moonlight Higher Secondary School respectively in Chandranigahpur, Rauthat.
- Principal researcher in project “Geo spatial modeling of walk trails of Asian elephant as a tool for mitigating human elephant conflict in Central Nepal” 2015 funded by Rufford Organization, UK.
- Research officer at HEMS Nepal and Lead researcher in project “ The Central-Eastern Elephant Corridor Expedition- 2016” Funded by Scientific Exploration Society, UK.
- Research coordinator at NBrCc and Principal researcher in Project “Using Honey Bee as Eco-deterrent for Crop raiding elephant: Testing Effectiveness, efficiency as a tool for Human Elephant Conflict (HEC) Mitigation in Central Nepal”,2017 funded by Rufford Organization, UK.
- Director at Nepal Biodiversity Research and Conservation Center (NBrCc).
Research Officer- Shyam Kumar Pun
Mr. Shyam Kumar Pun has completed Master’s Degree in Zoology, Tribhuvan University. He has interested in Herpetofauna, Mammals and Parasitology. He has attended several scientific conferences and exhibition as poster and oral presenter in national, regional and international stages. He have received ‘Best poster presenter’ and ‘Best oral presenter’ in couple of the conference, Dayananda Bajracharya Research Award 2016 (Best M.Sc thesis award) and International Journal article award 2018 from Nepal Academy of Science and Technology (NAST). He has published couple of papers in global and national publication. He has received grant from Mohamed bin Zayed Species Conservation Fund (MBZ) in 2017 and Ideal Wild equipment grant 2018. He have experienced such as Science teacher in school, Diploma’s instructor in Graphic Design in various computer institutes, Assistant Research Fellow (ARF) in Nepal Academy of Science and Technology (NAST) and Graphic Design in Save The Frogs (STF). About field work, he have experience in amphibians and reptiles survey, bird watching and small mammals survey. He is member of several scientific NGOs and INGOs. He took technical courses such as Diploma in Graphic Design, Diploma in Multimedia, Diploma in Web design, Tally, Arc GIS, R programming, Photography and Radio Jockey (RJ).
Research Assistant- Sonam Bhattarai
Ms. Sonam Bhattarai is doing her Bachelors Degree in Forestry , at Institute of Forestry, Pokhara . She has interested in Birds, Mammals and herpetology. She has worked as assistant researcher in project “Geo spatial modeling of walk trails of Asian elephant as a tool for mitigating human elephant conflict in Central Nepal” 2015 funded by Rufford Organization, UK; “ The Central-Eastern Elephant Corridor Expedition- 2016” Funded by Scientific Exploration Society, UK and also in project “Using Honey Bee as Eco-deterrent for Crop raiding elephant: Testing Effectiveness, efficiency as a tool for Human Elephant Conflict (HEC) Mitigation in Central Nepal”,2017 funded by Rufford Organization, UK under the supervision of project leader Roshan Kumar Thakur.
Account officer- Sanjay Sah
Mr. Sanjay Sah has completed Master’s Degree in Business Studies, Tribhuvan University. He also hold ACCA degree . He is responsible for day to day account maintenance. He is also a wildlife enthusiast.